Ginger Cookies - gluten free

I thought I lost this recipe, and I panicked. I don't know about you, but when I panic, I drink alcohol. So anyway, 3 glasses of wine later, I finally calmed down and found this lovely recipe in the recipe box where it was probably hiding all along, and I decided, if I send it out into the ethersphere, maybe I won't lose it again.



Spice Cookies

1 cu crisco or margarine
1 1/2 c white sugar
1/3 c molasses
1 egg
2 1/4 cups bean or pea flour (this makes it nutritious as well as delicious)
1 c mixed tapioca/arrowroot/potato starch flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp giner
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
Sugar for rolling

Preheat oven to 350
Line cookie sheets
Mix ingredients together in order listed until it forms a great big lovely soft ball of dough
using cookie scoop or spoon, scoop out balls of dough. Roll in sugar and squish onto cookie sheets. Leave room as they spread a bit.
Bake 10 minutes or so, when done, they'll be a bit crinkly on top, but won't change color since already brown. Let cool on sheet 5 minutes, remove to cooling rack.

Thank you to the person who posted this on the internet 10 years ago and I found it. If I could find it again, I would credit you with honors, but I didn't copy the webpage, just the recipe.

Pictures tomorrow, when I actually bake the darn things.

This was the first cookie I baked for my mother after I was diagnosed celiac. And she ate it, and told me, well, if you can eat cookies as good as that, celiac can't be all that bad.

Comments